This morning, I woke up and decided to make fried eggs. When I cracked an egg into a plate, it came out with this white ribbon-like thing attached to it. I instantly lost my appetite. I've been sitting in the kitchen for half an hour now, staring at it and trying to figure out what it is. Does anyone know? Check the first comment for the answer

 

I was standing in my kitchen this morning, preparing a simple breakfast, when something unusual caught my attention.

As I cracked an egg into a bowl, I noticed a strange white strand floating through the egg white. It was thin, slightly twisted, and looked almost like a tiny piece of string or a worm. My stomach immediately tightened. I froze, spatula in hand, and stared at the bowl like it contained something dangerous.

I do that thing that everyone does when they’re scared about food: I immediately assume the worst. Is it a parasite? A worm? Some kind of contamination? I thought about the salmonella warnings, the recalls, the things I’d read online about food safety. I could feel my appetite slipping away.Eggs

I almost threw the whole thing out. I was this close to trashing the bowl, the egg, and the entire idea of breakfast.

But something stopped

Comments